Data Privacy Statement
1. Information regarding the collection of personal data and provider identification
1.1 This statement provides information on the collection of personal data when you use this website. Personal data means all data from which you can be personally identified, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
1.2 The service provider pursuant to Art. 13 Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz - TMG) and the data controller according to Art. 3 Para. 7 Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz - BDSG) is Schneider GmbH & Co. KG, Biegenstr. 8-12, 35112 Fronhausen, see also our Legal Notice.
2. Right of access and withdrawal
2.1 You have the right to request information on the nature of the data that we hold about you, their origin, recipients or recipient categories to whom this data was disclosed and the purpose of disclosure at any time.
2.2 If you have consented to the use of data, you can revoke your consent at any time.
2.3 If you wish to request information or withdraw your consent to data processing, please send an e-mail to Datenschutz(at)schneider-om(dot)com or write to the address specified in section 1 paragraph 2.
3. Data security
We implement up-to-date technical measures to guarantee data security and, in particular, to protect your personal data from risks associated with data transmission and to prevent third parties from gaining access to them. These measures are updated as necessary to represent the current state of the art.
4. Collection of personal data during use for informational purposes
4.1 If you are using the website solely for informational purposes, i.e. if you have not logged on, registered or otherwise provided information to us, we will not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data sent to us by your browser to enable you to visit the website. This includes:
- IP address,
- date and time of request,
- time zone difference compared with Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- content of the request (specific page),
- volume of data transmitted,
- website issuing the request,
- language of browser software.
5. Contact Form
5.1 Nature and Scope of Data Processing
- e-mail address
- phone number
- product of interest
- appointment date and time
- message content
If you indicate your e-mail address, we will be able to assign and respond to your request. Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties if you use the contact form.
5.2 Legal Basis
5.3 Retention Period
Once the request made by you has been settled and the relevant issue has been finally resolved, your personal data processed via the contact form will be erased. Data may be retained further in individual cases if this is prescribed by law.
6. Rights of Data Subjects
The DSGVO provides for the following rights for you as a data subject affected by personal data processing:
- Acc. to Art. 15 DSGVO, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may obtain communication of the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged retention period; the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing; the existence of the right to lodge a complaint; where your personal data is not collected from us, information as to their source; on any transfer in third countries or to international organisations; and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its details.
- Acc. to Art. 16 DSGVO, you may obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of your personal data retained by us.
- Acc. to Art. 17 DSGVO, and subject to the prerequisites specified there, you may obtain from us the erasure of your personal data retained by us, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Acc. to Art. 18 DSGVO, you may obtain from us restriction of processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you; the processing is unlawful; we no longer need the data and you oppose its erasure because it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You also have the right of Art. 18 DSGVO if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Acc. to Art. 20 DSGVO, you may request to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or you may request transmission to another controller.
- Acc. to Art. 7(3) DSGVO, you may withdraw your consent once given vis-à-vis us at any time. As a result, we must no longer continue for the future any data processing based on such consent, unless any other legal basis for data processing exists (e.g. to implement a contract acc. to Art. 6(1) S. 1 Point (b) DSGVO. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing made.
- Acc. to Art. 77 DSGVO, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may contact the supervisory body of your usual residence, your place of work or our company domicile to this end. The person responsible for our company domicile is the Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany.
7. Right to Object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests acc. to Art. 6(1) S. 1 Point (f) DSGVO, you have the right, acc. to Art. 21 DSGVO, to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection is directed against direct marketing. In case of direct marketing, you have a general right to object which we will implement without any particular situation being stated.
8. Data Security and Security Measures
We undertake to protect your privacy and to treat your personal data confidentially. To avoid any manipulation, loss or misuse of your data retained by us, we take extensive technical and organisational security arrangements, which are regularly reviewed and adapted to technological progress. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of recognised encryption methods (SSL or TLS). Please note, however, that due to the structure of the Internet, it is possible that the rules of data protection and the aforementioned security measures are not adhered to by other individuals or institutions outside of our sphere of responsibility. In particular, data revealed in unencrypted form, e.g. by e-mail, may be read by third parties, too. We cannot exert any influence in this regard in technical terms. It is the responsibility of the user to protect the data provided by him/her against misuse either by encryption or in any other manner whatsoever.
10. Validity of the data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is currently valid and is dated 25th of May 2018.