Today, precise aspheres are an indispensable element in the design of high-aperture-ratio, compact objectives for a wide range of industrial applications. When large aspherics are needed, precision grinding is the undisputed manufacturing technology of choice.
The SCHNEIDER aspheric grinding machine SCG 500, delivers a new level of grinding large aspheres with up to a diameter of 500 millimeters with high quality and form accuracy.
In an unprecedented way, the highly integrated manufacturing SCG 500 platform combines the three key product features: double-spindle technology, automated tooling, and on-board measuring technique. The precision grinding technology is expanded by centering, truncating, drilling, and scooping options.
- Manufacturing of large aspheres and spheres
- High quality and form accuracy
- Cup-wheel and wheel grinding
- Automated multiple-step processing
- Extended capabilities for processing of spheres, flats, prisms, and special geometries
- Computer-assisted set-upIntegrated process control for high process stability
- Automated tool balancing for minimal subsurface damage
- Graphical user interface
- Intelligent analysis system with remote diagnostics
- Modern network connectionAutomated central lubrication